Now automation is made easy. With this nifty module one can control four different application by using an computer with a DMX software installed. Module uses four DMX512 address. Starting address is selectable withing DIP switches. Relay is switched on by sending value over 138 and switched off by sending value under 118. Module remember last states during DMX signal loss.
Easy to solder. Arduino compatible and programmable. Can use BSD licensed free library for receiving DMX data. Example code is coming later.
With this and previously published USB-DMX Interface its very easy to build home automation or stage lightning effects.
All relays capable to drive 5A, 230V loads. Uses only one supply voltage of 5V.
All parts can be bought from www.taydaelectronics.com.
- R1, R2, R4, R6, R8 – 10k resistor
- R3, R5, R7, R9 – 200 ohm resistor
- C1, C2 – 100nF ceramic disc capacitor
- C3, C4 – 12pF ceramic disc capacitor
- D1, D3, D5, D7 – 5mm red led
- D2, D4, D6, D8 – 1N4004 diode
- Q1-Q4 – BC547 or 2N3904 general purpose transistor
- Y1 – 16MHz crystal
- U1 – atMega328P-PU microcontroller ic
- U5 – MAX485 line driver ic
- U2, U3, U4, U6 – HJF-3FF relay
- SW1 – DIP switch 9 positions
- J3 – 4 pin header
- J1 – 2 pin screw terminal
- J2, J4-J8 – 3 pin screw terminal